Tuesday, November 8, 2011

This is HALLOWEEN! 2011

Just as I promised, here is a post about my Halloween adventures--which by the way is my FAVOURITE day of the year! I consider it even better than my OWN birthday !! seriously.

Halloween happened on a Monday this year which didn't really leave room for possibilities so I decided to work on Halloween and spend the day with my amazingly costumed co-workers/friends <3 We got ready together before work and arrived in style (& almost late...oops!) Work was pretty much dead so we spent most of our time going around taking pictures and probably pissing off the little amount of elderly customers who found some of our costumes distasteful. But it was Halloween, so we flaunted what we had on whether it was authentic, cool, and/or slutty! One of my friends who dressed up in just a corset, booty shorts and fishnets overheard one of the customers in the restaurant say, "See, all they do on Halloween is dress like sluts!" LOL I laughed so hard, but my friend found it equally humourous because the point of her costume was to be a "slut" of some kind ;D

BY THE WAY, I WAS MY FAVOURITE SUPERHERO: THOR...but the girl version:

There isn't actually a girl version of Thor, so I looked up examples of people's adaptations and made up my own THOR GIRL costume following this girl as inspiration:
I made mostly everything except the hammer, leggings, black shorts, black shirt, cape, wig and black boots. I pretty much made all the accessories, and the helmet took the most time (6 hrs). I also based the helmet design from the oldschool Disney movie, "Adventures in Babysitting." Unfortunately, the helmet had a terrible fate which you will read about down below :(


Anyways, after work we were all driven to our restaurant's corporate Halloween party an hour away and late at night (around 11:30pm) and partied hard...or atleast I did. We danced it up, and went on stage to represent our restaurant's location as we danced to LMFAO'S "Sexy and I Know It" song. It was so funny!! We did a sychronized dance to the "wiggle wiggle wiggle" part of the song. If you don't know this song, look up the video because it's so jokes!!! I also entered the costume contest, but I didn't win which made me really sad but all the contestants were great! One of the girls from our group was downing tequila shots with our female manager...and lets just say one of them ended up on the bathroom floor between the stalls and I unfortunately found her there first. By that time, I was pretty much done because of the many tequila shots she gave me and I didn't know what to do. All I have to say about tequila is: TEQUILA=NEVER AGAIN!!! eff that shit. On the drive home, I pretty much threw up in my handmade helmet but it didn't help that the person driving was "jerky" when lane changing and braked too suddenly most times. I felt really bad that my friends had to sit beside me and watch me do this but damnn those shots got me really good (or bad if you really think about it) :( Besides the shot and drink mixing, I had an amazing Halloween!! Here are some pictures from that day!!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween!!!
my fave picture <3



me with the sluuu lol



Marvel vs. DC




What was your costume? Show me a picture in the comment section! I love costumes <3

1 comment:

  1. I''m thinking one of these days (before Anime North) we should get together and do some costume work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my skies sunny :)