Monday, November 28, 2011

Drop Dead Diva

So, I am not the type of person who tunes in every week for a new episode of their favourite TV show but when I stumbled upon the show, "Drop Dead Diva," it had me wanting more!! Seriously. The last show I followed on TV was The Office (which is still one of my fave shows!!!).
I thought I should dedicate a blog post to this particular show because I have been spending most days trying to catch up on the last three seasons on the internet so I can prepare myself for the fourth season (which starts in 2012!! ) It took me about a week and now I'm on episode 7 of the third season, yay me! hahaha...
I should be more focused on other things, but this show is very ADDICTING...and gets my mind off of shitty things going on in my life at the moment.


If you don't know about this show, I will give a brief summary: It is about this very skinny model, Deb, who has the perfect life until she dies in a car accident. She hits the "return" button when she goes to "limbo" and her soul is transferred into another woman's body who happened to have died around the same time Deb died. Deb is now Jane, a larger bodied, highly intelligent lawyer. With this new body, she also gained Jane's brains. This brings a lot of changes for Deb because she has to learn how to move on while working with her "ex" boyfriend (Deb's bf) in the lawfirm as well as meet people that the real Jane knew. Needless to say, Jane encounters alot of challenges which are often humourous and unique. She has to live a totally different life than Deb,s like trying to get over struggles with her bigger body image--something she never encountered before. She also has to fight lawyer battles every day!

Needless to say, this show has a very unusual premise and storyline but it somehow works! I love to see what Deb/Jane has to deal with every episode, while I also hope that things work out for her in the end!!

It is also different seeing a bigger woman as a lead character of a TV series. I think this alone brings a positive message to woman in real life who are larger than Deb's size. Jane really has it all: brains and beauty :)



x.I can make your skies sunny.x

1 comment:

  1. I love this show! I didn't know you watched it! I found it on Netflix and instantly got addicted.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my skies sunny :)